PD Dr. med. Michael Muschik
PD (Privatdozent) Dr. med. Michael Muschik is specialized in the diagnosis and treatment of spinal diseases and in the wide field of paediatric orthopedics .
In addition to a wide range of conservative treatment methods, he is in charge of the latest technologies in the entire spectrum of spine surgery.
PD Dr. med. Michael Muschik is one of the most recognized spine surgeons in Germany, especially in scoliosis treatment – conservative or with surgical treatment. He is also considered as a leading specialist in paediatric orthopedic surgery.
Due to his expertise in the treatment of spinal disorders, PD Dr. med. Michael Muschik has been awarded annually since 2006 and once again in 2017 in the Focus-Ärzteliste, one of Germany´s most highly regarded list of physicians.
In addition to his work as a specialist of spinal and paediatric orthopedics he forms with more than 5,000 surgical procedures an experienced surgeon for joint-preserving operations and for endoprosthetic joint replacement .
- spine surgery
- scoliosis treatment
- paediatric orthopedics
- hip and knee endoprosthesis
- spine surgery (minimally invasive disc surgery and prosthetics, minimally invasive surgical procedures, treatment of congenital and acquired spinal deformities, co-treatment of osteoporotic vertebral body fractures)
- implantations of knee and hip endoprosthetics
- additional graduation physical medicine
- more than 50 publications
Medical studies at the Charité, Humboldt Universität in Berlin
Assistent doctor, Department for Traumatology of the Surgical Clinic Berlin – Prenzlauer Berg
Assistent doctor at the Orthopaedic Department of the Charité
Work shadowing at the Invalidenstiftung in Helsinki, Abteilung Kinderorthopädie und Skoliosechirurgie
Specialist for orthopaedics
Habilitation at the Charité and nomination as PD (Privatdozent)
Senior physician at the Paediatric Orthopaedic Department of the Orthopaedic Clinic of the Charité
Chief physician and medical director of the Orthopaedic Clinic and at the North German Scoliotic Centre Seehospital Sahlenburg, Nordheim Stiftung, Cuxhaven
Additional education in physical medicine
Chief physician of the Orthopaedic Department at the Parkklinik Weissensee and Schloßparkklinik Charlottenburg in Berlin
Specialist in Orthopaedics and Traumatology
Chief physician of the Department for Spine and Paediatric Orthopaedics of the Klinik Fleetinsel, Hamburg
Specialist for paediatric Orthopaedics
Gelenk- und Wirbelsäulenzentrum Potsdam
- DGOU – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Orthopädie und Unfallchirurgie
- VKO – Vereinigung für Kinderorthopädie
- AOTrauma Deutschland – Arbeitsgemeinschaft Osteosynthese
- DWG – Deutsche Wirbelsäulengesellschaft