Dr. med. Markus Markart
Dr. med. Markus Markart is a specialist in Orthopedics and Traumatology.
His specialties are patients with congenital, acquired or due to accidents, tumors or age-related spinal disorders. First of all, Dr. Markart tries to exhaust all non-surgical treatment options. If a so-called conservative treatment is no longer possible or only possible to a very limited extent, a possible surgical procedure is discussed with the patient and the best treatment is then determined by integrating the wishes and ideas of the patient.
In the wide field of spinal surgery Dr. med. Markus Markart masters all the operative options – starting with the minimally invasive therapy procedures like facet joint denervation over microscopically assisted removing of the intervertebral discs, implantations of intervertebral disc prosthesis up to occasionally unavoidable stiffening operations.
You are also welcome to contact Dr. Markart to get a second opinion for an already planned or proposed surgery.
Dr. med. Markus Markart was a senior physician at the Charité Berlin on Campus Benjamin Franklin in the Department of Traumatoloy and Reconstructive Surgery until the end of 2014, where he was responsible for treating the patients with degenerative and traumatic spinal injuries. Afterwards he deepened his operational knowledge in the field of foot surgery and endoprosthetics in the Orthopedic Clinic Birkenwerder. Before joining the Gelenk- und Wirbelsäulenzentrum Potsdam he worked as a senior physician in the Humboldt-Klinikum in Berlin in the Department of „Movement Surgery“.
Dr. Markart will probably incorporate the acupuncture in his treatment spectrum in 2020.
The spinal operations and the endoprosthetics are performed at the Charité at the Campus Benjamin Franklin, all other interventions are conducted at the Klinik Schöneberg. Outpatient surgery takes place in our ambulatory practice room on Thursdays.
- spinal surgery
- hand and foot surgery
- from the middle of 2020: acupuncture
- spine surgery (minimally invasive disc surgery and prosthetics, minimally invasive surgical procedures, treatment of congenital and acquired spinal deformities, co-treatment of osteoporotic vertebral body fractures)
- implantations of knee and hip endoprosthetics
- operations for the foot such as corrective osteotomies for the hallux valgus or corrections in claw toes
- operations for the hand such as carpal tunnel syndrome, springing fingers or tendon injuries
- operations for finger, hand, wrist, elbow joint, shoulder joint, collarbone, upper arm, knee joint, ankle joint or foot fractures
- revision surgery for non-healed fractures (pseudarthrosis)
- wound treatment in infected wounds including vacuum therapy
- septic surgery (abscesses)
- shockwave treatment on for example calcified shoulder, tennis elbow or achillodynia
- additional graduation in acupuncture at the International Academy for Applied Acupuncture and Natural Medicine
- additional graduation Notfallmedizin 2009
- doctoral thesis: Erprobung resorbierbarer Implantate zur Knorpelregeneration am Kniegelenk – eine tierexperimentelle Studie am Schaf
Medical studies at the Technischen Universität München – Klinikum Rechts der Isar
First year resident at the Klinikum Großhadern der LMU München
Assistant physician of the orthopedic-traumatological Klinik München Perlach, Chefarzt Prof. Andreß
Assistant physician of the Orthopedic Klinik at the Klinikum Großhadern der LMU München, chief physician Prof. Jansson
Assistant physician of the orthopedic-traumatological Klinik München-Perlach, chief physician Prof. Andreß
Assistant physician of the Klinik für Unfall- und Wiederherstellungschirurgie am Campus Benjamin Franklin der Charité Berlin, chief physician Prof. Ertel
Specialist for Orthopedics and Traumatology
Senior physician at the Campus Benjamin Franklin, Department of Traumatoloy and Reconstructive Surgery, Charité Berlin, chief physician Prof. Ertel
Senior physician at the Orthopedic Hospital Birkenwerder, chief physician PD Dr. Labs
Senior physician at the Humboldt-Klinikum Berlin, department for „Movement Surgery“, chief physician PD Dr. Labs
Gelenk- und Wirbelsäulenzentrum Potsdam, surgical occupation at the Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin